First Law: Maybe this is why it's so hard for me to get myself to take a vacation? I've been "in motion" for so long that it requires an especially strong force to get me to change my course! Trying to make a change to this pattern with a couple days off this week :)
Second Law: Having a good teacher push you in school helps propel you forward even if you resist.
Third Law: I recently got in a fight with my mom and her not talking to me definitely encouraged me to not reach out to her. Fortunately it ended, but it could have gone on for much longer.
Our Energy Efficient Culture
I think of this as it relates to so many people trying to sell the same thing but with a slightly different spin on it. It's like they're unable to create something new and so they simply repackage it.
Also, on the note from above with the first law: It could be interpreted that we are human beings and we can only do so much in a day (our own system of energy). So we must choose what we do wisely with that time and energy. Watch tv or study? Go have fun with friends or get any early start on my pathology paper? Bike to school or go for a hike later?
Descartes
The other night, I being a very sweet wife, watched a movie with my husband of his choosing. It was Chappie, two hours of my life that I'll never get back. But I think the producer of Chappie has Descartes to thank. It's a movie about robots becoming "human" in that they can have consciousness and become parts of society. Surprise surprise, it doesn't work out very well for this "advanced" society, which makes sense because, like Descartes' description, it vastly oversimplifies the beautiful potential of the human mind, heart, body, and soul.
"By the end, there's precious little humanity left amid all the nuts and bolts."
...Is this a review of Descartes' idea or for Chappie from rotten tomatoes??
No comments:
Post a Comment