Acupuncture seems like very effective energy medicine to me. I think perhaps one of the questions is how strongly can acupuncture shift energy? Since we know everything is made up of energy, perhaps there doesn't need to be such a big gap between trauma medicine and energy medicine? If an acupuncturist were truly adept at assisting the body in moving energy and the patient had the strength of qi to do it, could greater healing take place? something that might be in line with what biomedicine might consider healing? I think one of the things that comes up for me in that case is that acupuncture is aligned with nature, which is to say, it generally moves slowly like nature. Some more radical measures used in biomedicine could be thought to go against nature in some ways. I don't think it's black and white as I make it sound but in general, I believe it to be true. I think whenever we do something that goes against the energy of the body, even if it's a life saving measure, the reprecussions are quite different and potentially more severe for the long term.
Kirlian photography seems like a lot of fun to me. I'm not sure it's something I would put much weight in though as it seems like the appearance of a person in KP can change fairly easily if a person changes their energy. For some that may be challenging but for others who might more regularly flux between highs and lows, it wouldn't indicate something as profound perhaps. I'm always reluctant to make great leaps into things like the colors of KP indicating a relationship with chakras. I think the body has many colors but they don't necessarily need to tie into something like chakras. When people talk about opening or stimulating chakras it makes me uneasy because when you know people like I do who have had their chakras opened for them and it makes them very ill, you become more reserved about these things. All the same, KP seems like a more fun kind of mood ring if you will. While I'm rarely a skeptic (or maybe I am, not sure), I feel reserved about this method of potential diagnosis.
Intention- Gosh. Again, I feel I'm jaded because of my previous exposure. I watched the movie The Secret years ago and while I can get behind getting clear on what you want in life, to use intention to constantly be focusing on the future and attaining something seems like a recipe for a distracted and unsatisfied life. That said, in a fixed time, I think intention can be used to spur change and create potential healing. I think for many of us it's getting stuck in old identity patterns that holds us back from growing into perhaps happier or more balanced versions of ourselves and that by creating an intention that is very deeply connected to the things we love most, we can shift away from patterns/beliefs that have been detrimental.
I agree with you about Kirlian photography and am also a skeptic. I don't personally believe that KP could be used as an effective form of diagnosis but may be a fun and interactive tool for individuals to begin examining their thoughts and feelings. Perhaps, examining a photograph of color changes may provide an outside stimulus for an individual to look deeper into how they were feeling at a specific moment in their lives. I'm also curious what kind of health effects you have witnessed with people working with their chakras? Sounds very interesting. thanks for the good read!
ReplyDelete